Welcome to the Distance Learners section. Here you will find information on the range of services and support that the University offers you.
New Distance Learning Students
If you are a new Distance Learner starting with the University and have completed your enrolment please View the quick guide for new students for details of how to setup your IT account which will give you access to the following:
- VLE - An online area where you will find information about your programme, modules and administrative information – How to find and log into Moodle - View the Getting started with moodle guide for students
- Office 365 Student email – A Microsoft system that provides students with a TSD email account in the format of email@example.com (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- University Network (if on campus)
If you are a returning Distance Learner with the University then you should already have a username and password to access the VLE and email.
If you are experiencing any issues accessing resources please contact us on the details below.
Email (Office 365) – http://www.student.tsd.ac.uk
Moodle – http://dysgu.ydds.ac.uk
Office 365 Email guides
Office 365 is the student email system here at UWTSD giving students:
- 25 GB mailbox and can send and receive attachments up to 20MB.
- Ability to connect your email to your Windows Mobile, iPhone or Blackberry Smartphone
- Ability to check your email with other email programs.
- Microsoft Office Live Workspace allows you to share and collaborate on documents online.
Student Email - General Guides
Office 365 Full User Guide
Office 365 Login Instructions
Office 365 Outlook Setup
Office 365 Email Client Settings
Office 365 Sky Drive Guide
Still need help?
If you have any IT related issues you can contact the IT Service Desk, either in person, by email: ITServiceDesk@tsd.ac.uk or by telephone 0300 500 5055.
Opening hours are Mon-Thu 08:45-17:00 and Fri 08:45-16:30
Moodle is a Virtual Learning Environment, commonly referred to as a VLE. It is a secure and controlled web space used for learning and teaching, tutors and students can use the space to hold materials, communicate and collaborate to support learning. All TSD students have access to Moodle to support their learning.
Study Skills Support
Study skills support is available to all University of Wales Trinity Saint David students who need assistance with their studies. This can include support with essay-writing, note-taking, IT support, library and research skills along with a range of study skills strategies. Visit the Study Skills Support section to find out more.
Learning Resources Centre
Please visit the LRC Distance Learners section or see below for more information of the services and support provided by the LRC to Distance Learners.
Services for Distance Learning Students
The Learning Resources Centre offers a wide range of services and support for distance learners.
All distance learning students are entitled to:
- An ID card (which also functions as a Library card) and University email address
- An Athens account for accessing the LRC's collection of electronic resources
- A SCONUL card for facilitating access to other university libraries under the SCONUL Access Scheme (UK-based students only)
In addition, we provide the following services for distance learners:
- Postal loans
- Photocopies and scanned articles
- Interlibrary loans (subject to relevant authorisation)
- Mediated literature searching
- Assistance with use of library materials
- Help where appropriate with bibliographies, citations, tracing relevant material for study, and information literacy
- Assistance from members of an LRC team experienced in dealing with the problems arising from studying at a distance from campus
- Quick responses to all distance enquiries wherever possible
- A service that is tailored to your individual learning needs
Kathy Miles, Outreach Services Librarian
Telephone: 01570 424797